IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I re-enable e-mail links

Monamour

Hi Monami

Would you be so kind as to elaborate a bit :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me how to re-enable the e-mail links in Outlook? I tried uninstalling the program and doing a system restore but the links in e-mails are still disabled.

Thanks

More info

Hi Solbjerg

I downloaded the free version of Advanced system care to run on a Dell desktop. It found thousands of problems. You know when it warns you to look at everything it wants to do and make sure it''s something you want done? Who has the time or patience for that? So I let it do it's thing. The machine didn't blow up, so I thought all was well. The only thing I did notice is that every time I try to click on a link in my mail client, Microsoft Outlook, a message pops up saying:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Well I guess I'm the system administrator and should give myself a good talking to! But it wouldn't do any good because I don't know how to re-enable the links. I've looked all through Outlook but can't find anything that says links disabled in incoming mail. Please help, I'm missing all the shoe sales!:smile:

http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0101.gif

Well I guess I'm the system administrator and should give myself a good talking to! But it wouldn't do any good because I don't know how to re-enable the links. I've looked all through Outlook but can't find anything that says links disabled in incoming mail. Please help, I'm missing all the shoe sales!:smile:

Love it!! I just put you on my "A" list!! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/love/love0038.gif

CT

Hi monami

Try going to ASC restore center and restore it back to before the cleaning, starting with the newest retore possibility.

If this brings it back, remember to take a look under "problems" when you run the System Optimize scan before clicking repair and place what you think you need in the Ignore List.

If this doesn't work you could try going back to a time/date where it worked in The Windows restore utility

Please read the whole thread found here

Online Help for IObit Software

with special emphasis on subjects relating to your problem

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg

I downloaded the free version of Advanced system care to run on a Dell desktop. It found thousands of problems. You know when it warns you to look at everything it wants to do and make sure it''s something you want done? Who has the time or patience for that? So I let it do it's thing. The machine didn't blow up, so I thought all was well. The only thing I did notice is that every time I try to click on a link in my mail client, Microsoft Outlook, a message pops up saying:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Solution to disabled e-mail links in Outlook

Hi All,

In case anyone runs into the same problem I found a solution. Start Internet Explorer, click on tools, click on internet options, click on the advanced tab, click the reset button. That did it for me. I lost some of the add-ons I had installed but it was simple enough to add those again. I'm using IE 8 so I'm not sure how this would work with older browsers.

Ta-ta

Archived