IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Potential Errors? (CNet Reviews)

kms

I had a question about some reviews (predominantly one) that I saw. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the solutions were for it, if any were found at all. The first is this:

"worked good .......but beware!!"

by steelreign2020 on June 13, 2009

Pros: works like it says helps while playing games run smoother on my xp

Cons: worked good on my lap top using xp but on my desk top with vista it made the game run choppy

Summary: OK like i said it worked and does what it said it would do up until !! i went to shut down my PC, well i did not go back to normal mode from game mode and i went to shut down my lap top If you ever had updates download and when you went to shut down your PC that when the updates update when you shut down your PC. well like said i had forgot to switch back to normal mode from game mode and when the updates updated and i went to turn my lap top on it don't work any more. why because it was in game mode (when i shut down my pc) and game mode shuts down every thing to let your PC have more memory to play the game and when it updated it screwed my PC up to where i can not even reboot my PC. not even with my boot disk that came with the pc to restore it to factory conditon. it says i have no hard drive to reboot.. SO BE WARNED TO MAKE SURE YOU SWITCH BACK TO NORMAL MODE BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN YOUR PC, JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE UPDATES TO UPDATE BEFORE YOU RESTART OR SHUT DOWN, OR YOUR PC JUST MIGHT NOT REBOOT BACK UP.

Now, I'm sure I'll remember to turn back to Normal Mode, but I'm more concerned about what could happen if the computer crashes, or I'm forced to manually-reboot while still in 'Game Mode'. Obviously, potentially not being able to reboot back up would be a major downside to using what seems otherwise to be a wonderful program.

Someone else also posted about compatibility issues:

"Can conflict with other programs and doesn't work."

by Xazereth on June 14, 2009

Pros: Didn't really increase the speed or smoothness of my game. Tested on Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Cons: This program didn't boost performance in my games, at least not by a substantial amount. Also conflicted with other programs on my computer even after I had went back to "Normal Mode". Wouldn't suggest using this program.

Summary: Did not boost performance in games. Conflicted with other program(s) on my computer.

I presume that I could uninstall the program altogether if such occurred, so it's not as dramatic as an inability to boot up, but I wanted to check on that, too, while I was at it. I don't want it to end up shutting down my firewall or my anti-virus (anything important) inadvertently, after all.

Thank you very much.

Archived