IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Small problem

alex30

Hi,

First of all let me say how totally impressed I have been with the IOBit 360 team. Just after the Beta 2.1 release I had a problem with the security holes feature not working so I sent a bug report off and forgot about it. A couple of days later I received an email with a file attached and instructions . It was a simple matter to go into the programme files and replace the security holes file with the new one and all was fixed. I call that good service.

Now to the new problem. I am finding the screen is freezing when doing a scan. It stop/starts it's way through the scan and does in fact complete. I just wonder if there is anything I can do and if anyone else has had this trouble.

Regards Alex

Hi Ha14,

I have just installed [with Revo uninsaller] done a reg clean and re-installed but I am afraid it hasn't helped. This problem has only started with the Beta2.1 version.Previous versions have run fine.

Regards Alex.

Hi alex30,

It may be a glitch caused by use of different security programs.

Please list the programs you use for security.

I do have similar situation from time to time when all of the security programs updated with new databases.

Do you have very high CPU usage at that time?

Another wild guess is the different Security Holes program.

Will you please ZIP that file and attach here in a post in this thread, I am going to try that file. My Security Holes does not work and I use VulnerabilityFix Beta instead. So we can check if it is the reason.

Cheers.

Hi alex30,

It may be a glitch caused by use of different security programs.

Please list the programs you use for security.

I do have similar situation from time to time when all of the security programs updated with new databases.

Do you have very high CPU usage at that time?

Another wild guess is the different Security Holes program.

Will you please ZIP that file and attach here in a post in this thread, I am going to try that file. My Security Holes does not work and I use VulnerabilityFix Beta instead. So we can check if it is the reason.

Cheers.

Hi Enoskype, The other security programmes I use are Malwarebytes,Superantispyware and Spybot Search and , All as occasional scanners and Avast Home as my antivirus.

CPU usage was at 100% a lot of the time.

The new security holes could possibly be the problem. I hadn't thought of that. Someones got a sharp mind !

I will try to send you the file but I am no techie !

SAS told me to delete the original in the programme files and paste this in.

Good luck.

Regards Alex

Security holes Rar File.zip

Thanks Alex,

Except Avast Home, I use all the others, only thing comes to my mind is SAS and a user had a problem with it which can be seen in this post link.

The other high resource user (when there is activity on the disk ) is Tea Timer of SS&D if it is ON.

I have used your attached file for Securty Holes, and it works on mine too.

It doesn't interfere with IS360, but on the start of program, the first opening window is VulnarabilityFix, and changes to Security Holes immediately.

Did you try scanning with IS360 when Avast is disabled temporarily?

Cheers.

Thanks Alex,

Except Avast Home, I use all the others, only thing comes to my mind is SAS and a user had a problem with it which can be seen in this post link.

The other high resource user (when there is activity on the disk ) is Tea Timer of SS&D if it is ON.

I have used your attached file for Securty Holes, and it works on mine too.

It doesn't interfere with IS360, but on the start of program, the first opening window is VulnarabilityFix, and changes to Security Holes immediately.

Did you try scanning with IS360 when Avast is disabled temporarily?

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Glad the file worked.

Teatimer wasn't on.

I will try a scan with Avast disabled and see how that goes.

Will post here again when done.

Regards Alex

Hi enoskype,

Glad the file worked.

Teatimer wasn't on.

I will try a scan with Avast disabled and see how that goes.

Will post here again when done.

Regards Alex

Just tried with Avast off and it was better. It still stuttered a lot but didn't freeze for seconds.

Alex, can you open the Task Manager when IS360 is running and see what other program(s) is(are) using high CPU?

With and without Avast enabled please.

Also, please watch which phase of scanning the stuttering happens. (Is it Unknown malware for example?)

Cheers.

Alex, can you open the Task Manager when IS360 is running and see what other program(s) is(are) using high CPU?

With and without Avast enabled please.

Also, please watch which phase of scanning the stuttering happens. (Is it Unknown malware for example?)

Cheers.

Hi,

360 is the only thing showing as using any CPU and it is 98-100 %.

Other things are shown as using memory but not CPU.

Regards Alex

Hi Alex,

Please have a look at that post.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Interesting. I will try Avira instead of Avast and see what happens.

Will post back here when I have sorted that.

Meanwhile thanks for your kind attention, it's appreciated.

While I'm writing I wonder if you can explain a funny thing. I have just installed SpywareBlaster which is a real time spyware programme. Whilst I had it open on my desktop it showed up as a process using memory but when I closed the interface it disappeared from the Task manager processes list. So I opened it and minimised it to the task bar. Then a pop up screen appeared saying it was OK to close the interface as the programme will still protect. TeaTimer which does a similar job is always there using memory.

Am I missing something or is something amiss ?

Regards Alex

Hi enoskype,

Interesting. I will try Avira instead of Avast and see what happens.

Will post back here when I have sorted that.

Meanwhile thanks for your kind attention, it's appreciated.

While I'm writing I wonder if you can explain a funny thing. I have just installed SpywareBlaster which is a real time spyware programme. Whilst I had it open on my desktop it showed up as a process using memory but when I closed the interface it disappeared from the Task manager processes list. So I opened it and minimised it to the task bar. Then a pop up screen appeared saying it was OK to close the interface as the programme will still protect. TeaTimer which does a similar job is always there using memory.

Am I missing something or is something amiss ?

Regards Alex

Hi enoskype,

It still stutters a bit with Avira but not too bad. I found out that SpyWareBlaster is a passive programme so it doesn't run in the background. It is reckoned to be pretty good though according to a few malware clearing forums I have visited and being passive doesn't eat up any resources.

Thanks for your help.

Alex.

Archived