IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is ASC hard coded to IE?

steve1942

If I try to update ASC PRO from ASC while it's opened, it uses IE to gain access to the download page. Firefox is my default browser. I can use Firefox to open the download page, not accessing through the opened ASC window and perform the upgrade that way. It appears that the ASC window is hard coded to IE, is this because I used IE when first downloading the program or is there an upgrade/add-on I must do? I don't want to use IE for these downloads as I have no idea what sort of future problems might arise using the two browsers for this one software program. I also used Firefox to download iObit 360 and, if I remember correctly, it works, hand in hand with ASC.

Hi,everyone

some programs may recognize the browser that they want(some softwares tied to others ), so maybe download them by FF, the problem will be solved.:mrgreen:

That's what I've been thinking. Will give it a try, thanks.

Archived