IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My Invisible Security Holes Doubled

ITIMAMOBIWW

The redirect to the Security Hole discussion is useless - cuz, no one's come up with a fix.

I went from 1 "not there" hole to 2 "not there" holes.

The 2.1 version couldn't find any holes... not there or not.

I ran Windows Vulnerability Scan 1.36 - It could very well be even "more" screwy than 360's Security Analysis.

First WVS came up with 4 issues.

2 or 4 recommended patches were already installed and tested ok.

I removed those fixes from the OS... and, had them re-installed using the WVS loop thru the MS Bulletin Board.

The re-installed security patches appear to have further upset 360's Security Analyzer.

Summary:

360 Security Analysis can't display what it is up set about.

So, there probably isn't a problem.

WVS 1.36 must work along the same lines as 360... cuz, even after reloading the security patches that were already there - WVS still wasn't happy that the vulnerability had been secured.

FYI

Through out all this... one patch was loaded as recommended by WVS - which did eliminate one WVS concern... Unfortunately, it didn't resolve any concerns from 360.

Since the "go to tool" for resolving the 360 problems can't resolve it's own concerns, I suspect that it'll take a few version updates from WVS and 360 Security Analysis before this will settle out.

Archived