IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Updates I don't need

dickward

I have been using ASC for some time and enjoy it. I use the free version currently 3.3.4.

On one of my three machines I keep getting download updates that I don’t need. Other two machines, no problems.

I am not sure how to stop this action. I have uninstalled, rebooted and started all over, but no change.

Your suggestions please.

Thank You

dickward

Hi-I've got a quick easy way to solve that. Open ASC > Options > Update- Check the radio button "perform updating at a scheduled time" > Change Schedule -now adjust that to one hour ago same day/date and done.This works for Pro,and I haven't seen the GUI for Free version in so long I can't recall if the update options are available to you.Give it a whirl.

Doesn't work with free version

When I try to click the "perform update at a scheduled time", it tells me that the Pro Version is needed for that feature.

Thanks for your tip, it was worth checking out.

I have ASC on three machines and it only does this on one of them.

Makes it hard to figure out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump

It is still happening on several different OS systems that I use.

I use two update reminders one from Cleansoft.org and another from Filehippo.com.

I also use a download tool called Free Download Manager.

My problems could be in any of these, or even from Download.com site where they seem to come from.

I would pull my hair out if I had any to spare. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived