IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

security hole question/issue still unanswered ?

yoke

(Copied from another section of this forum pages)

I have the same issue as post # 20407 ....

but I have 4 security holes found ....

I can't see a reason or answer in the posts in this section except to clear browser history ...so I did that and the 4 holes are still found when I run the scan again...

any other thing to try or is this a bug that does need looked into further?

thanks for the assist.

Also....(this also copied from another section on forum....)

Another thing I saw in these posts was to try Windows Vulnerability Scanner 1.36 and to see what it found,,,,

It found 4 issues as well so.....

I click the links to go to the MS pages to download the fixes and when I do so I get more messages that I have the wrong version of this or that and the download is not needed ....

but still every scan of 360 gives me the 4 holes but nothing in the log when I go to view details..... going back to post #20407 .

Not meaning to be pushy or sounding off just looking for answers.

Invisible Security Holes = the Self Fulfilling Prophesy

Hi Yoke,

The reason you can't seem to find a answer is - cuz, there isn't one.

The Security Analysis may (or, may not) have found a problem.

The version 1 Beta simply isn't up to "sharing with the class" what it's upset about.

360 is still in Beta.

It's come a long way.

I see significant improvements with each fix (on my machine - in my little slice of internet heaven)

Betas be betas... I guess.

I'm comfortable with the committee approach for right now.

360's Security Analysis is the only thing making un-substantiated claims.

PCTool's SpyWare Doctor + Anti-Virus is ok.

WinWoes security update scanner is ok.

PCTool's Desktop Maestro is ok.

IOBit's other application (Advanced System Care) is ok.

A WinWoes Vulnerability Scanner tends to gripe, too...

But, it lacks credibility... in that it claims that security patches that are already installed - are missing.

Even after re-installing the supposedly missing security update the Vulnerability Scanner still isn't happy.

Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily mean that my system is secure.

But, the majority of the security apps are happy for the time being.

360 Security Analysis "? could ?" be detecting nothing more than WinWoes Internet Explorer... arguably the most insecure POS software on the planet. IE 1, 2, thru 8 (pick a number) is nothing more than a virus portal or a worm hole. IE refuses to function without permitting cookies and Active X controls... If IE is your browser of choice, just go ahead - shut off the firewall and dump the AntiVirus software - WinWoes is wide open anyway.

And, you "have" to use IE to download MicroSloth security patches.

You have to run IE (in one flavor or another) with cookies permitted and ActiveX controls enabled or WinWoes will refuse to scan your OS for updates.

One can but wonder whose side MicroSloth is on.

Don't worry about being pushy.

Continue your search for answers.

But, maintain perspective...

The Security Analysis is the "next step" in PC security.

All the other software apps detect cookies, worms, virus', trojans, etc. - once they have arrived.

The Security Analysis is attempting to be pro-active.

It's complaining about something that hasn't happened, yet.

This could be nothing more than pandering to the paranoia.

But, If it's for real - it could be of great assistance.

All 360 has to do is include a few details - when you click on Show Details.

Listing the 75 security patches that I have already implemented is interesting (?) {maybe not a big confidence builder for the MicroSloth product line} - but, still it's a nice little knowledge nugget to have available to share with friends.

Enlightening friends and family about the security vulnerabilities that I can't find - simply certifies that I was dumb enough to buy a WinWoes PC. :shock:

Archived