IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Found one threat...maybe?

t2teddy

I just installed 360 and it ran like a dream imho.

it says it found one threat, which I decided in all my non-geekiness to leave alone until I ask you guys if I should remove.

IObit Security 360

Version:0.2.2.8

Define Version:1095

Time:31/07/2009 11:38:36 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Hijack.DisplayProperties, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer Value=NoActiveDesktopChanges, 6-521

So is it a 'real' bad guy, or a good guy that 360 'thinks' is bad?

Hi t2teddy,

Best thing to do is go to that registry entry, make a backup of that entry, save it in your documents folder. Now let IS360 to delete it, if you find something wrong, than you can double click the backup to put the entry back.

FYI, I don't have that entry in my computer.

What is the value of the entry?

Cheers.

No problem tteddy,

Right click on the line in IS360 and click "Go to entry".

If it doesn't work,

Click start button, click Run, type regedit, click OK .

Registry Editor will be opened, follow the route to find: NoActiveDesktopChanges

in

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Read the values under:"Type" and "Data".

Right click on Explorer, choose "Export". This will save the registry wherever you wish. I believe the rest is understood!

Cheers.

BE carefull!!!

hi t2teddy

be very care full.

I have vista home premium sp2 installed and in the registry there is an entry just like this.

i believe that if u remove it the WindowsExplorer will not function anymore.

u can export it in any folder u decide and see what will happend and after u can restore as enoskype advised u but first u have to get in regedit writing regedit at Start Search /pressing enter and navigating in registry (it is a tree diagram like Windows explorer) but u have to be very -very carefull.

A wrong action and the system does not work (need restore and so on)

I have many years experiance and when i get in registry i feel a little fear.

So be very-very carefull

cheers

hi t2teddy

i did'nt notice well the data entry and i concetrated on the folder instead

So if u can find in registry an entry like this maybe there is a problem

in my registry the entry in HKEY_LOCAL............\Explorer is

Name Type Data

ab(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)

BindDirectlyTop REG_DWORD 0X00000000(0)

Cheers

I made a back up, deleted it and restarted and everything seems fine, guys. Thanks :)

I have to say I am really happy with everything about 360 (except its name lol).

Ease of use, noob friendly UI, just everything, plus it tends to detect things faster than Antivir does occasionally!

Awesome! hugs and kisses to y'all. 8-)

Archived