IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Blue screen crash!

I set SD to do a deep optimize on my C drive. The timer said it would be a long time to finish. I had just finished running a p2p program and had moved a number of files around. Including running a program that finds duplicate files.

So I also deleted a number of files. The HD was very fragmented. I ran CCleaner. (There is a updated version that has some real nice goodies.)

I then ran SD, and went to bed. I did not click on the "Turn off" button.

Well no sleep (I have insomnia.) So about 4 hours later I I hit the source button on my remote and brought up VGA. (My 42 inch desktop.) There was SD all done. I clicked on some button (I don't remember which one.) And a small window popped up. It had a few options in it and I clicked on one of them. I don't remember which one, (Again.) and the desktop went blue. So I hit the reset button and during bootup. Scan disk started up. So I let it run. A few minuets later I was typing my password in. All was good and XP started right up.

I haven't had a blue screen in a very long time. I know that there is a file some where that has all of the info of what happened. But I don't know where to look.

But hay! My hard drive is now all nice and in a very organized manner.

Now I need to clean up my F drive. It's way too full and that's not good. I hear that 10% of empty space is needed for a defrag to work. A friend of mine told me last night that he found a 1 Terra bite drive for $50 bucks. (Maybe next month.)

So if any of you IObit people would like to look at the crash info. Just tell me where it might be. And I'll hunt it down.

I've been running SD for a month now and it works great! I know that the blue screen was something that I did wrong and not SDs fault.

Archived