IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Are these 2 false positives? [NO!!!]

Are these 2 false positives? @@

From what i know. These 2 are usually in Fake XP

This is my uncle's PC and it's Super XP Pro.

But i also read that even upon deleting these 2 files, it would not have any negative effects on your PC.

Do you guys suggest me to remove these 2 files? =)

IObit Security 360

Version:0.3.1.20

Define Version:1115

Time:2009/8/12 下午 10:24:00

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.I.Stole.Windows, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\antiwpa.dll, 4-3624

Malware.Tool, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmdow.exe, 9-37535

antiwpa.dll - An illegal software crack used to bypass copy protection for Windows.
cmdow.exe - ThreatExpert's awareness of the file "cmdow.exe": Win32 commandline utility for Windows that allows Windows to be listed, moved, resized, renamed, hidden/unhidden, disabled/enabled, minimized, maximized, restored, activated/inactivated, closed, killed and more.
Since they are both on the same machine I would imagine they are related.

I can't speak for Iobit but personally I see no reason why they should support the use of such tools and therefore including them in their detections/blacklist is very acceptable. If someone is using an illegal copy of Windows why wouldn't they also use a crack for Iobit products? There is no middle ground on the issue of cracks IMHO.

Well, my uncle doesn't know a lot about computers, and he said that he just asked someone to install windows for them and pay them.

Same as my dad's computer. We bought the computer, and i think it broke or something. so my dad asked someone to fix. When i came back to Taiwan this time, i found out that it's become a crack version of XP..............

anyways

I got it. Thank you ^^

I'll just remove those two.

Since they are both on the same machine I would imagine they are related.

I can't speak for Iobit but personally I see no reason why they should support the use of such tools and therefore including them in their detections/blacklist is very acceptable. If someone is using an illegal copy of Windows why wouldn't they also use a crack for Iobit products? There is no middle ground on the issue of cracks IMHO.

hi Magig

OK if i was in your shoes i wouldn't delete them

It seems that they are associated with fake windows -especially the first one, the second needs further investigation-

If your OS windowsXP is a fake one how can u get updates from MICROSOFT ??? something that is very important for many reasons-functionality, security etc.

cheers

Archived