IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't stop this program....

Hi masterblaster,

What happens when you kill that program by Task Manager?

If your specific program's no-stopping behaviour is persistent, then try the following and see if there is a change in the behaviour.

After clicking "Switch to Gaming Mode!", check the "Check All" checkbox, and whatever the name of the exe file of the program is, uncheck the checkbox for that program in "Close Background Programs" window.

Click "Close them" button .

After in Gaming mode, reverse back to normal mode by clicking "Back to Normal Mode" button.

Exit GameBooster.

Next time you start Game booster and switching to gaming mode, you will see in "Close Background Programs" window that, your specific program will be without check in the checkbox.

Click "Close them" button, and your specific program will not be stopped and when you revert back, there won't be a second process of it.

Please verify that in GameBooster.ini file in Game Booster main folder

under:

[CheckedApps], all the other programs' exe files are there such as:

xxxxxx.exe=1

tuvwxyz.exe=1

...........exe=1

etc., and your specific program is not there. If it is there, delete that line.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

This didn't work well at all.

First off, I can close this program with Task Manager no problem.

I did as you suggested (shutting everything but the program in question). This shut down Explorer, my Internet connection, and other several vital programs. The end result was a non responsive and unstable computer.

I had to cold boot to get my desktop back.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I misunderstood and assumed from your first post that the other programs were closed and the only one did not close was that specific program.

You shoud keep the programs that you want to run as unchecked there like that specific program.

I hope, this time it is more clear.

Cheers.

Have you tried using the wireless software that you should have received with the wireless device you bought or came with your computer.

I have seen that radar program and i think it is meant to find open hot spots so for people's wireless router's that does not have security or passwords, but if you are trying to find them you can still use your software that comes with your device, it will tell you if the router is security codded or not.

what is the make and model of the wireless device you are using?

Archived