IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Removing Iobit 360

Atomas31

Last night I tried to install IS360 v1.0 over the top of IS360RC and had to abort the inatallation because the installer could not create a quarantine zone...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/360CantCreateQuarantineZone.png

My thought was that this was because IS360RC had already created a quarantine folder in the IS360 folder so I decided to use Revo to uninstall IS360RC, but I got a message that the IObit uninstaller had failed. So I restarted the computer and when I checked the IS360 folder there were indeed 4 items left including 2 .dll's and the quarantine folder which Revo had indicated would be removed upon the restart of the computer. This is the first time I have ever had this kind of experience with the very reliable Revo program.

I resorted to manually deleting the remaining contents of the IS360 folder and was successful with everything but the quarantine zone nevertheless after another attempt IS360 v1.0 eventually installed over it with the entire contents of the folder having a current installation date except for the quarantine folder which still has its original IS360RC installation date .

I understand the very good security reasons why the computer refusus to delete a quarantine folder even if it is empty and looking back it may have been much easier just to install IS360 v1.0 in a separate folder of its own and not force it into the same folder with the original quarantine folder from IS360RC.

~Maxx~

Archived