IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable to change volume when GB is enabled

Griffonzo

Well after getting a Creative Soundblaster Xtremegamer sound card about three weeks ago, I finally decided to fire up the forgotten Game Booster I had. Though when I tried to change the volume in and out of game, it would not budge. I checked to make sure none of the Creative components were disabled and it still pursues. I do have the latest drivers and have switched the modes from entertainment mode to game mode. Anyone care to shed some light?

Also, I am still able to change the volume by clicking on the speaker icon and moving the lever manually, just using the buttons on my keyboard has been the culprit.

• 2 weeks later...

i get this i think GB stops a system service that allows you to use the keyboard option to charge the volume what i have to do is make sure my sound option are sorted before i start GB. my best bet is to find which service controls this option and then tell GB not to shut it down by deselecting it

more information needed

I've had the same problem in the past; when I would turn on GB I would have it disable certain services that were used with my sound driver, and I no longer could adjust the volume.

My problem was due to GB disabling HP Quickbuttons which made the sound controls on my laptop useless. I'll assume that you were using your keyboard since you said it was a problem in & out of game. Check what you're disabling beyond just your sound card, specifically for media services or keyboard functions.

• 4 weeks later...

I had something similar with the volume feature on my Saitek Eclipse keyboard. Turns out that GB was disabling the Human Interface Device Access service in Windows. Unchecking this in the main GB interface did the trick for me. You could also go into the GameBooster.ini file and change hidserv=1 to hidserv=0 under your OS category servicelist_vista or servicelist_xp.

• 3 weeks later...
Well after getting a Creative Soundblaster Xtremegamer sound card about three weeks ago, I finally decided to fire up the forgotten Game Booster I had. Though when I tried to change the volume in and out of game, it would not budge. I checked to make sure none of the Creative components were disabled and it still pursues. I do have the latest drivers and have switched the modes from entertainment mode to game mode. Anyone care to shed some light?

Also, I am still able to change the volume by clicking on the speaker icon and moving the lever manually, just using the buttons on my keyboard has been the culprit.

try uncheck this before turn to gaming mode: "Human Interface Device Access":idea:

Archived