IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comparitive Overview of Several Protection Systems

JMW

I have been using Iobit programs for a long time (Since AWC days when its interface was not so sharp looking-i.e. It's now fantastic!). I have learned by comparison of many different products that Advanced System Care and Iobit Smart Defrag are really the best. I waited a long time seeing the message, "coming soon," and now Iobit 360 is here! I can honestly say I'm not at all disappointed! Following is a comparison of several products:

Mcafee Security Center

Came with my computer. Inerface is very professional, but not user friendly (i.e. too many "hidden" features to search for). Protects the computer in many ways, but often doesn't detect trojans, etc. of the more serious kind. For example, I once found 32 variations of trojans, backdoors, dialers, etc. on my computer using EMSI's a-squared anti-malware that had somehow bypassed McAfee. I talked with a McAfee tech who told me that this was due to freeware downloads. Why then did EMSI's anti-malware not only detect, but also remove the viruses and programs associated with them (i.e. BHO's etc.)? 1 ½ hours is about the fastest full scan gets when computer is idle! Timing is done using only percentage of task - i.e. no time elapsed nor time to completion! Alerts are not very helpful to the majority of users - i.e. a program is trying to access the internet. If you trust this program, etc. Uses huge amount of system rescources even with the background or silent mode on. Slows computer down and makes using some programs very frustrating - not exactly silent nor background! Maintenance tools (Quick Clean, Defrag, and Scheduler) are okay, but Iobit's ASC and defrag are what I rely on because they just plain work and make my computer run smoothly for much longer. Downloads are better, but not quick and also use system rescources. In short, I would not reccomend McAfee.

I used Spybot many years ago and believed it really did a good job until I read reviews on reliable sites, etc. The interface is okay, but scans are slow and you don't guarantee you're free from infections even after updating database and scanning.

EMSI's a-squared anti-malware: Great interface, very user friendly, user friendly alerts (which actually help you to decide what to do!), great detection rate (32 serious threats that McAfee didn't even know about!), great reviews on sites such as CNET, only negative point - 30 day trial to have great all-round real-time system protection. I use their free version as a backup for McAfee. However, I started using Iobit's 360 when neither McAfee nor a-squared anti-malware would help and found 3 serious threats. Fairly heavy on rescources, but doesn't hog anywhere near as much as Mcafee - i.e. in terms of slowing down computer, using programs, etc.

Iobit's 360 (Free): Love the interface and, like ASC, this is one more feature-packed program! I just did a Smart Scan this morning and it took 8 minutes (I think McAfee takes around 30-40mins!). I didn't find anything this time, but the first time I downloaded and used the program, I found 3 serious threats that neither McAfee nor a-squared anti-malware were able to detect and which were already causing problems on the computer. I love features such as PC Security Analysis, Scan modes would only be enhanced more if there were a timer for task completion etimation, definitions downloads are small and very fast, real-time protection against known malware and unknown threats is great, Hijack scan - not analyzed yet???, Security Holes - 10 out of 10, Passive Defense - (similar to ASC) 10 out of 10, Unlock and Delete - 10out of 10, Privacy Sweeper 10 out of 10, PC Tune up link - 10 out of 10! Suggestions for desired rescources: Hijacked Windows Services Reset to return to Default values, similar to IE settings Use Default button in Hijacked Settings. Also, either in 360 or in ASC, a Windows Services button(s) to disable unnecessary services that start with Windows, but use unnecessary rescources for users that have no need of such services (i.e. PC Tablet, etc.).

I will add more precise info as I analise each program in the practice.

Archived