IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[1.Bi-Weekly]IObit 360 vs MBAM vs Ad-Aware vs Spybot

Comparison

Date

Environment

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP3

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

RAM: 1 GB

Hard Disk: Two Partitions, Total Size 250 GB, Free 98 GB

The tests I conducted were on my Personal Computer at the same conditions for every one of the products. I didn't have spyware samples, so I used what I had on my system. Mostly I'll be comparing Resource usage, User Interface and Scanning Speed. All of the products were free versions. All were updated to the latest signatures. All of them were running at the same time, but only one scanning. Also none of them had Active protection turned on. The results are sorted as a Top 4 and beginning with number four:

4. Spybot- Search And Destroy

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/0be7bda2cef6d33af6364ddf9ed78f762g.jpg

Spybot - Search And Destroy has a rather simple-looking User Interface. It has only one type of scan. It scan only the locations the spyware might be installed.

Full Scan

The scan took 28 minutes and 51 seconds and it only detected that I had turned off the Security Center.

During the test the RAM Usage went up to 130 MB and 50% of the CPU.

3. Ad-Aware

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/a56791c186542d5e1e616e69b78bd2d02g.jpg

Lavasoft's Ad-Aware has a nice skinnable interface and you can choose between five different looks. It has three different types of scan: Smart, Full and Custom.

Smart Scan

The Smart Scan took 2 minutes and 27 seconds and it scanned only the critical parts of the system. This was the fastest scanning speed of all four products.

Full Scan

The Full Scan took 40 minutes and 28 seconds, but all of the objects it detected were false positives. The first two are Counter-Strike Hacks and the second was a patch file.

The average RAM and CPU it used was 30MB and 10-15%. The maximum was 50 MB RAM and 30% CPU.

2. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/55fcfa4494cc71422091e6c846672ecf2g.jpg

MBAM's user interface isn't the best there is, but it compensates with the job it is doing. Anti-Malware was the lightest of all the compared products. It has two types of scan: Quick and Full.

Quick Scan

This was the slowest Quick Scan of all of the four. It took 7 minutes and 6 seconds.

Full Scan

The slowest of all Full Scans - 52 minutes and 37 seconds. It's detection rate was as Security 360, but it was slower. It detected the "Misleading Installer" and the keymaker that I've put in one of the folders.

As I mentioned, it was the lightest of all four products. During the scan it used around 25 MB RAM and 15% CPU. Top usage was 40 MB RAM and 20% CPU.

1. IObit Security 360

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/d1365a3c1fd9ad7e25634021ecf2fb3b2g.jpg

IObit Security 360 is first, because it has a nice User Interface and it's detection rates matches with some of the best anti-spyware software there is. It has three types of of scan: Smart, Full and Custom.

Smart Scan

The Smart Scan took 3 minutes and 49 seconds and for that time it scanned 58732 objects comparing to Ad-Aware, which for 2 minutes and 27 seconds it scanned 21712 items.

Full Scan

IObit Security 360 had the fastest Full Scan of all, because it scans only the type of files, which can be infected(dll and exe files). It stopped the clock at 11 minutes and 56 seconds, which is four times better than Ad-Aware and five times better than MBAM. For that short time it managed to get the same results as Malwarebytes' product, which had the best results from the other two - Ad-Aware and Spybot. There was only one little problem and that was the false positive from gen_MiniLyrics.dll, but that is something I'm sure will be fixed.

The last thing to add is the Resourse Usage. Normally it used around 65 MB RAM and the CPU was at 50%.

Conclusion

IObit Security 360 really is one of the best anti-spyware products on the market. It is really fast, but that doesn't mean it misses anything like Ad-Aware. It's detection rates can match with the best. I will recommend it to everybody! You have done a great job, IObit! Thank you for another great product.

Best Wishes,

Rado Markov

Archived