IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

iobit 360 security vs. malwarebytes vs.

I ran 360 and mbam on a heavily infected machine. I enjoyed he 360 update process much more than malwarebytes, however the interface was not quite as simple as malwarebytes, which has simply a scan now button. However, 360 caught over 600 items, and malwarebytes only caught 39. This was after running Combofix, which caught several dozen items. I think 360 is much better than malwarebytes.

360:

Scan took about 5-6 minutes, caught 600+ items

malwarebytes:

Scan took about 15 mins, caught about 39 items.

I should note I did not remove the items, but left them for the next scanner to find.

Overall:

This system, which was heavily infected with rogue personal anti-virus, net-filter, and many other kinds of spyware, scareware and viruses, would not even start properly in normal mode. Combofix's nice .exe format, which makes it possible to run it with no install in safe mode, was the trick needed to get the computer to boot. However, combofix missed much of the cleanup, which was nicely cleaned up by 360. Malwarebytes did not get anything significant that 360 missed (minor things), and it took much longer to run a quick scan. however, they both lack a portable version, which is necessary when a computer will not boot into normal windows at all. Installer is not avialble in safe mode.

iobit 360 security vs. malwarebytes vs.

I too am "testing" 360 S, And it was a good thang I installed it on My beta testing computer!!

Like tyler,s comment, I was pleased when I tested 360 S against several other like programs(I purposely surf known malicious, and invasive sites)installed on My beta test machine, 360 S detected And cleaned 90% of the trash I Knew I had collected while surfing! But in all fairness to My other programs,, in My years testing I Have found, that No "2" programs are Going to find and clean "All" the same threats!! But Back to 360 S, after several test It became invasive, and bugy, It refused to exit from My task bar and impeded the other programs form initializing, some it actually refused to let them initialize, Including My IE brower!!

hmm, that is interesting. i havent had any problems with S 360. i do wish there was a portable version (one i could stick on a usb) but i think it may have been some left over viruses on your "beta test pc". often if the pc is infected or has old hardware, it makes it difficult to boot up newer programs

Archived