IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Commit charge maxed out?

Cappa

I have encountered a problem with IObit Security 360 today. I've had the program for about a week now and everyday it updates, sometimes twice a day. Today, after updating, I ran a full system scan and about 3/4 the way through I got an error message. The error message told me my system was lacking the RAM to complete the process. So I restarted my PC and ran 360 again.... same message. I promptly pulled up the task manager and ran the scan again to watch the cpu and commit charge usage.The program started out by scanning my critical files-cpu usage 100%-75% commit charge-@750/2300M. As the scan got past the system 32 files and moved on the cpu usage went down to around 50-60% but my commit charge increased. It continued to increase until the said error popped up. Nothing else was running. When my PC idles it's commit charge hangs around 500/2300M and when browsing the web it stays around 700/2300M. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Is it the program or is it my PC? Is anyone else having this problem?

Here's my specs: OS~ XP Pro SP3

CPU~ intel pentium 4 @ 2.7 Ghz

RAM~ 1Gb DDR2 RAM w/2Gb Virtual Mem

Edit: It seeems that my commit charge won't recover. It idles after I run 360 at 2460/2668M. Also if I try to run a smart scan afterwords it opens then goes straight to the results menu. I've run this program everyday since I downloaded it and this is the first time I've had this happen.

Edit 2: On a hunch I uninstalled then reinstalled 360 and ran a full scan on default settings without the updates. Results~15min scan, 66,872 files scanned with 3 threats found. Commit charge stayed stable @ 550/1900M with a spike of 673/1900M. I then updated 360 and ran the same full scan on default settings. Results~ up until the two minute mark: 560/1900M commit charge. After the two minute mark the commit charge rose steadily until the 10 minute mark. At 10:17 with only 62,000 file scanned the commit charge had increased to 2405/2607M. At 10:19 I was prompted with the error message "Some operation could not be preformed because the system is out of resources. Close some windows and try again." The only open windows I had was IObit 360 and the task manager. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I faced a similar incident today when I accepted to download and install the new upgrade version of Iobit 360 security.

My system crashed , I had a black screen and and alarm signal started to ring, I had to shutdown and restart my PC twice in order to make it recover.

When it finally rebooted I noticed that my Iobit 360 program was uninstalled by itself.

As you remarked I guess we will have to wait for a FIX, until we can can reinstall and use it again.

Pitty because we were quite satisfied with it..

Much better than the Adaware or other similar spyware programs.

Archived