IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

are these fp ?

Hi all, can you tell me if these threats are false positives ?

IObit Security 360

Version:1.0.1.30

Define Version:1215

Time Elapsed:00:04:15

Objects Scanned:61912

Threats Found:4

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=FirewallDisableNotify, 6-13

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=UpdatesDisableNotify, 6-14

Hijack.ControlPanelStyle, Registry Value, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer Value=ForceClassicControlPanel, 4-22723

Hijack.ControlPanelStyle, Registry Value, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer Value=ForceClassicControlPanel, 4-27831

thanks in advance

They may be made by malware, thus it can't be said if it is or is not a FP.

I think that it's better if IObit Security 360 detects them. They are so called tweaks.

If the conclusion here is they may or may not be false positives, what action would you recommend in this instance? Should they be deleted, quarantined or left alone? That is my concern when something like this comes up.

Thanks, zbuckone

Hi zbuckone,

The preferable thing to do is, going to that specific registry entry and finding out the value there.

After that, using logic and if using a tweaking utility, to investigate from that utility if it did the value change.

Usually, that kind of Registry entries have values either (0) or (1), and you can decide which value you prefer and act accordingly.

That is, either put it to ignore list, or keep it quarantined instead of deleting, if you decide to use it again.

Cheers.

Hi all, can you tell me if these threats are false positives ?

IObit Security 360

Version:1.0.1.30

Define Version:1215

Time Elapsed:00:04:15

Objects Scanned:61912

Threats Found:4

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=FirewallDisableNotify, 6-13

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=UpdatesDisableNotify, 6-14

Hijack.ControlPanelStyle, Registry Value, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer Value=ForceClassicControlPanel, 4-22723

Hijack.ControlPanelStyle, Registry Value, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer Value=ForceClassicControlPanel, 4-27831

thanks in advance

hi ajap,

sorry for the late reply.

they are not FPs. you see, the Registry Value you offered: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=FirewallDisableNotify. without difficulty to understand, it said there would not Notify when firewall was disabled. it is do not safe in that way. just click "remove" button please, IS360 would replace the unsafe value, the same logic as other one.

and

they are written by a malware, unsafe too. IS360 would delete them.

best regards.

greetings to all who have replied

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=FirewallDisableNotify. without difficulty to understand, it said there would not Notify when firewall was disabled. it is do not safe in that way.

I'm using another firewall so that modification doesn't matter to me

just click "repair" button please, IS360 would replace the unsafe value, the same logic as other one.

i don't see any repair button, i see a remove button, where is it ?

they are written by a malware, unsafe too. IS360 would delete them.

removed, quarantined

i think is better to avoid problems in the future put them on quarantine.

thanks you very much ,best regards to all of you

i don't see any repair button, i see a remove button, where is it ?

hi ajap,

sorry for my inaccurate description.

there is not repair button but just remove button, and what i would to say was that just click the "remove" button then the IS360 would repair it via replace way.

best regards.

Archived