IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[3.Bi-Weekly]IS360, MBAM, SAS, ST, WD, SD, ASP, Spybot, 1-2-3 SWF, a-squared,Ad-Aware

ANTI-MALWARE COMPARISION

IObit Security 360, A-Squared, Advanced System Protector, Spyware Terminator, Windows Defender, 1-2-3 Spyware Free, Spybot - Search&Destroy, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SUPERAntiSpyware, Ad-Aware Free and Spyware Doctor comparision.

The test contains three parts:

First part: Scanning speed, resource usage and detection rate

I scanned malware samples (12068 pieces) with installed anti-malware program. I tested anti-malware program scanning speed, average CPU and memory usage and detection rate. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Second part: Live malware detection

I tested anti-malware program scanning speed and removal ability in highly infected Virtual PC. Programs were tested one by one. After testing was completed, Virtual Machine was reverted back to infected snapshot. Live malware was tested using program’s smart or quick scanning and full scanning capabilities. Level of infection on this computer is unknown. Comparison will be based only on how effectively software can detect an infection. All tested programs were updated including signature database. After update was completed I turned off network card and started scanning infected Virtual PC with anti-malware program.

Third part: Malware prevention

I tested anti-malware program prevention abilities, scanning speed and if needed, removal ability in clean Virtual PC against 14 malicious .exe files. Programs were tested one by one. After testing was completed, Virtual Machine was reverted back to clean snapshot. Malware was tested using program’s prevention and scanning capabilities. If free version did not have real-time protection then I used shareware version to see if paying for extra protection is worth it. Most of the used malware types are riskware (rogue anti-viruses) and Trojans. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Test Report is PDF document.

[DOWNLOAD] [LOG FILES AND SCREENSHOTS]

I have taken out the word "comparison" at the end of title, instead, I have put the required green arrow http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon2.gif and [3. Bi-Weekly] wording.

The title length is limited to a certain character inputs.

Cheers.

P.s. 85 characters in all, among these space, was my count :-)

Thanks for the input solbjerg.:-)

Archived