IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I lost more than 30gigs after runing smart defrag

Hey and thanks in advance for your answer, and please excuse my English.

I downloaded Smart defrag last night and ran it on Deep Optimize.

I have a 320Gig hard drive on a dell laptop(with a 15Gig partition) and had 127Gig of free space before running Smart Defrag the process took about 5 hours and I end up with only 96.5Gigs of free space after i ran it, and many more immovable files that i had before running the program.

This is a six month old laptop and i only deffrag the disc once before using the windows utility.

I also didn't have any programs running while smart defrag was running.

and i already deleated the old restore points on vista to see if this was the problems but i got nothing back.

The content of my drive is mostly games, music and like 5 movies.

I read this thread with a similar problem and he said that he run the program a second time and got he's gigs back but i ran it a second time on fast optimiser without any luck. Where my gigs went!!!! please help me.

this is the thread i mentioned:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2477

Hi Enoskype and thanks for your reply.

I don't know what happened, but later on the same day i post and without doing a restart on my pc i got from 96Gig of free space to 162Gig of free space, and the immovable block got back to the same number they where before.

That's very strange if you ask me.

I went from my original 126Gig down to 96Gig after running smart defrag, and my immovable files almost got to be double the amount.

then I delete the old restore points on vista but that didn't gave me any gig's back. (this explains why i went up from my original 126Gig to 162Gig but not why I went down from 126Gig down to 96 after running smart defrag)

Then without doing anything first it went to 125Gigs and latter on went up to 162Gigs, and my immovable files went back to normal.

What may have cause this?

Archived