IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro Review IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Driver Booster Pro Review IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs

Game Booster makes FSX freeze!!!

jmlmpure

hello all! i need help with this! it seems everytime i turn on Game Booster and then fly FSX(Acceleration) for a while, it just completely freezes! no cntrl-alt-del, no nothing works. just the reset button on my tower. anyway, im decently computer savy so my hard drive is less than 1% fragmented, no spyware/viruses, clean computer everyday with ASC and CCleaner,......you get the idea. i do, however, have alot of add-ons including ASA, XGraphics, UTX, and a ton of planes! when i fly w/o gamebooster, the system works fine! to be honest, i don't REALLY notice a difference...... here's my specs:

Vista 64 Home Premium

8G of OCZ Nvidia ram(including a 64G usb flash drive in ReadyBoost that uses 4G)

2 EVGA GTX 280 Vid cards in SLI(both oc'd a little above factory spec)

Wolfdale E8600 oc'd to 3.7GHZ

2 WD 300G hard drives in RAID 0(600G total)

EVGA 790I Mobo(132-ck-nf79)

did i leave anything out that would help? anyway, w/o using GameBooster, i'm getting like 20-30FPS with the settings pretty high(everything is around med-high to high)! i don't understand why it would freeze! thanks

j

please explain? why? thanks.......

j

sorry, i'm not sure about this. it seems like gamebooster might have a compatibility problem with readyboost. :???:

did you try it?

here is something about readyboost from microsoft:

"Conversely on a system with 4GB of RAM that is not really being stressed by application usage, the benefits of ReadyBoost will not be readily apparent."

http://blogs.technet.com/askperf/archive/2007/03/29/windows-vista-superfetch-readyboost.aspx

Archived