IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Popups and very slow running

joeecca

Hi. One of my kids downloaded something from Limewire and now the pc operated really slowly and when the internet eventually opens I keep getting popups even though popup blocker is enabled and I have Norton running all the time and the machine is running extremly slowly. I have done a scan using Norton an it only picked up a 'low' theat but it keeps saying it has 'blocked an attach' and when I click on see details it doesnt do a thing. I have compiled one of your HJT logs and hope it will be of use to someone who understands it.I hope someone can help as it is driving me mad.

Many thanks in advanced

Paul

Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Security Analyzer

Scan saved at 10:35:25, on 07/11/2009

Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.1)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.0 (8.0.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Hijack Analysis Report.txt

Hi joeecca,

-Please updateyour Java to version 1_6_0_17, and use JavaRa to get rid of oll the old clutter of java.

-Update Adobe to v 9.2

-Delete the below lines:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [A00F2AA7356.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\PAUL\LOCALS~1\Temp\_A00F2AA7356.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZRxdm428YYGB

-You don't need those below lines if all the time you are not using iTunes/QuickTime and Real Player.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

-I am suspicious about the item below, although nwix.exe is part of NVidia, why it is installing everytime is a question.

EDIT-I am not suspicious anymore

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

The file location will be in your registry under hkey local machine, shown as Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install It will also be found in either your system32 or system folder.

You should use a malware cleaner sofrware such as IS360 to clear other Badware, spyware, malware if you have in your system.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Archived