IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Alert A-squared [SOLVED]

blacksea

Hi,

I reinstalled ASC because of the update. I know the update doesn't do much so i reinstalled it. But when I reinstalled it, A-squared came up with a Alert. This is what is says.

-

ALERT!

An attempt to connect to a hazardous site is detected!

File Name: C: \ Program Files \ IObit \ ADVANCED SYSTEMCARE3 \ AWC.EXE

Host Name: S7.ADDTHIS.COM

This site belongs to one of the many websites that try to obtain your passwords and other sensitive information by using a copy of the original Web site. You think to be at the original site which is reliable but in fact you are ended up on a copy of that website and all you write down there, will be passed directly to the "bandits."

It was hard to translate it from dutch to english, so my translation can have a mistake.

But what does this mean, what has S7.ADDTHIS.COM to do with ASC ?

This confused me.

Blacksea

Hi blacksea,

Can you try the new Setup file for ASC 3.4, of which the AWC.exe is 3.4.0.677 and see if it is the same.

A clean uninstall as described in Usage of IObit Products thread is advisable.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

lol, now i wanted to uninstall it but it gives me a error.

file''C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced Systemcare 3\unins000.dat'' could not be opened. Cannont uninstall Error 32: The process cannot acces the file because i is being used by another process.

chrees Blacksea.

Hi blacksea,

Can you try the new Setup file for ASC 3.4, of which the AWC.exe is 3.4.0.677 and see if it is the same.

A clean uninstall as described in Usage of IObit Products thread is advisable.

Cheers.

It worked, thankyou. :)

No alert came up.

Cheers Blacksea.

Archived