IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Using files with similar names in the same folder

AleksanderII

Hi. Ive just installed Movienizer to organize my movie collection.

Ive created my database and Im now in the process of adding my titles to the database, but Ive run into a problem.

I have two films with the same title. There is "Gojira" aka "Godzilla" the original version from 1954 and then there is Gojira aka Godzilla the later version from 1984. When entering one of these titles to my Movienizer database it replaces the other. I cant seem to have exist in my list. Even when I try to alter the titles a bit so they arent exactly identical - for example I call one of them "Gojira aka Godzilla, 1954" and the other "Gojira aka Godzilla, 1984" - it doesnt help. Somehow they are still conflicting.

Can someone please tell me how to get around this problem? It could be something really easy and stupid. Im new at this and will be happy to learn what Im doing wrong.

Thanks

Hi AleksanderII,

Do you mean you are changing the name of the file,

For example:

Gojira1954.avi (avi or whatever the file extention is.)

and

Gojira1984.avi

in the Explorer?

If not, you should change the NAME of the two Files.

Right click on the file, and choose Rename in the menu to change the name of the file.

Cheers.

Archived