IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Resource hogging

Jonn Jonzz

I've searched the site, including these fora, and I've not been able to find this issue addressed:

I've been using IOS360 for a week or so, and I'm having trouble with it being a huge resource hog.

It's fine when I first boot, but after the computer has been "on" for several hours, it becomes very slow and unresponsive, to the point I have to do a hard shutdown and restart.

When I first boot, if I invoke Task Manager and look at the Processes tab, I only see two items I can identify as belonging to IOS360: is360srv.exe and is360tray.exe; the Performance tab shows CPU usage at about 5% and memory usage quite modest. However, if I do the same things when the system is performing badly, I find literally dozens of instances of is360 items, CPU usage holds at around 90% continuously, and memory usage is quite high -- assuming I am even able to successfully invoke Task Manager.

The program seems to be a nice idea, but if I can't get this problem fixed, it's way more trouble than it's worth.

I'm running v. 1.30 of IOS360 on Windows XP with SP3.

Thanks for any help!

Hi J'onn J'onzz,

The memory usage increasing by time has been discussed in the forum, and you can find it in this section.

I am sure IObit is aware and working on it.

But, dozens of instances of is360 is new to me and the forum, can you supply us a Screenshot of the Task Manager when it happens?

Cheers.

Archived