IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster in use

imcanadian

I clicked the program of Game Booster to run in Gaming Mode. Is that program suppose to shut down every program that run in the background of my computer? Well one program did not shut down and surprised me while I am in simulation with my program of Train Simulator. The program is Avast Anti-virus. This program was updating the file while in simulation with Gaming Mode. Please advise if all programs are supposed to shut down in the background and if not, then maybe there is a problem with your program of Game Booster file that suppose to shut down.

Thank you,

John P. Mackay

Hi imcanadian,

Thanks for the feedback. Some of the services processes refuse to be killed by even Task Manager, so, I suppose you can give us a clue if Avast has a protection for to be closed by other applications.

Example: SUPERAntiSpyware as below

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3384&d=1261004584

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Avast does have a self protection module that will prevent other programs from disabling it. Right click on the Avast icon in the taskbar and choose 'Program settings>Troubleshooting then put a checkmark on 'Disable Avast self defense module'.

Archived