IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ISD Beta 4.0 Deleted files for Unreal Tournament 2004

Today when i installed and ran ISD on my D: Drive (games hard drive). It stopped the game Unreal Tournament 2004 which i have installed from running for some reason. Upon further inspection I realised that some of the files for it were deleted. This only happened after I ran the defrag. The only way to fix it was to reinstall the game (which takes ages cause its 4gb big). Is there any reason why it did this and can IOBIT fix it. For the moments time i will stop using ISD until this issue is fixed.

Today when i installed and ran ISD on my D: Drive (games hard drive). It stopped the game Unreal Tournament 2004 which i have installed from running for some reason. Upon further inspection I realised that some of the files for it were deleted. This only happened after I ran the defrag. The only way to fix it was to reinstall the game (which takes ages cause its 4gb big). Is there any reason why it did this and can IOBIT fix it. For the moments time i will stop using ISD until this issue is fixed.

Hi,i'm very sorry about this,this's a bug of innosetup,and this bug's already in beta3.1's uninstall operation.Beta4.01 fixed this bug.

I'm sorry for that again

Basically, IObit uses innosetup to make the installation packages and uninstaller. From Iobit Smart Defrag v3.1 on, there was a bug in the uninstaller that removed items that it shouldn't have. Version 4.01 fixed the bug so the items shouldn't be removed anymore.

Archived