IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Dial-a-fix

MagicHunter

Hi Magic,

IMHO, as long as we are using XP, it will stay as a very great tool.

HERE is many tips for Dial-a-fix.

Yes, it doesn't support IE8, Vista and Win7, but please find below the quote of DJLizard the author.

Internet Explorer 8 is not supported by Dial-a-fix at this time. If you have IE 8 installed and run Dial-a-fix, you may receive many "Error 127" messages because Internet Explorer 8 replaces a lot of registerable components with non-registerable ones. This is OK – simply ignore all of the errors. Dial-a-fix is still able to do its thing on other files, and the no damage has been done to your system during these error messages.

A future version of Dial-a-fix will support Internet Explorer 8 by ignoring those unregisterable components.

In the mean time you can use Fix IE Utility v 1.0 for IE8 tested on Vista and Windows7 to re-registers all the concerned dll & ocx files required for the smooth operation of Internet Explorer.

Here is what DJLizard is working on believed to support Vista and Windows7. (I believe it took quite a long time for him to be convinced to work on it again.)

http://djlizard.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/daf100.png

Cheers.

I was once a contacted by Michael Cooke/DJLizard to try and sell Dial-a-Fix. I've sent loads of mails to several companies that likely would be interested. Nobody reacted favorably. After that he decided to update Dial-a-Fix to version 1.00 but that project never really materialized.

I fear that Dial-a-Fix will gently fade into obliviance.

No it will not, please don't try it in Vista and Windows 7. (Even not in compatibility mode.)

It is a very powerful tool and only should be used in XP by experienced, reading every comment on the GUI.

HERE is the post and the following posts with a bit of history of Dial-a-fix in the IObit forum.

Cheers.

Archived