IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster defrag w/ Fallout 3?

Before I ask my question, I'd first like to say that I absolutely love Game Booster and I'm very happy I stumbled upon it. I just recently bought a new laptop and with Game Booster, Fallout 3 runs like a charm on this. Thank you very much for this lovely program :)

Alright, now my question. Is it safe to use the Game Defrag feature on Fallout 3? It losts a lot of important files like .esp's and .nif's in the list of things to defrag. Will running it affect these files negatively?

Hi CaptainCannibal,

Can you please elaborate :

Cheers.

I meant to say it "lists". Heh.

Well, an esp is part of a modification to the game. The .nif files are texture/mesh files for items in the game.

When I selected Analyze, alot of these types of files were listed. If I run the defrag, will these files be deleted or damaged in any way?

Nothing will be deleted or demaged that I know of.

GB's defrag will only defragment the listed fragmented files in this game/program. It is better to defrag when you are not playing with that game/program, as it may not defrag the files in use.

If you are really in doubt, copy those files to a safe place and then do the defragmentation. If no harm is done, you can delete the backed up files.

Cheers.

Archived