IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Acronis True Image

tropical36

Every time my ASC pro runs, it wipes out my backup program's protection memory. In other words, even though I have more than one system backup on an external hard drive, Acronis says that I'm not protected. I keep looking for some check mark to enter or remove so that this file will not be removed during a scan.

Thanks for any help.

Hi tropical36,

Could you give some screenshots please.

I do use Acronis True Image too by USB HD and protected section in the HD for a secure image, where Windows can not see or reach.

Also please give some information about the hardware and OS.

Cheers.

Preview

Hi tropical36,

Could you give some screenshots please.

I do use Acronis True Image too by USB HD and protected section in the HD for a secure image, where Windows can not see or reach.

Also please give some information about the hardware and OS.

Cheers.

Don't know if I know how to do the screenshot thing, but here's the deal and maybe I should re-explain, since nothing is wiping out my backups. I have more than one partition image saved on a USB external hard drive and Acronis recognizes this until ASC pro runs a scan, then when you open Acronis and click on Protection State, it says that the System Volume Backup: Not Created (warning). I'm thinking that since it is there, I could probably still do a recovery if needed, but then again, I could be wrong.

I guess the real question is as to where Acronis keeps it's memory of the protection state and how to prevent ASC pro from removing this record?

I'm running WinXP pro SP3 on a Medion desktop and also XP Home SP3 on an HP laptop. They both have the same problem once Avdanced System Care pro does it's scan. Also the laptop has it's own USB external hard drive.

The tasks and log file show the successful runs and also weekly scheduled runs which I'm looking to change also, as I only want to run these manually and shut down the hard drive when not in use. Haven't figured that one out yet either.

Archived