IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smile - Politics

bob3160

Hi Just Dave!

We are all here to be critical thinkers.

It appears (on whatever grounds) your signature link was allowed to stand. Then you pushed so hard, on a political point, you forced the removal of the actual link... although the text remains. Thus you have shot the noble cause in the foot.

There are many noble causes that advertise to gain support. But to allow one person to link and not another... who is to make that decision? I find it difficult to believe that you didn't know signature links weren't allowed here (old hand).

Perhaps you have gained a foothold in clarifying the lines between philosophical and literal?

For he who argues for limited rules and says "show me the rule" and then argues for a further moral based rule [big time politics]... (not understanding the diametrically opposed arguements) his link is delinked! The one that was permitted, based on the limited rules!

Thanks to all the admins who have daily and dilligently removed the bad links from signatures! And worked seemingly tirelessly to block spam/advertising!! And for keeping this a user help forum!!!:-D

I actually just added the link today, the "gentle challenge," to point out the rules inconsistency. I knew solbjerg would catch it because he is diligent. It would just be better if the rules we're supposed to abide by matched the philosophy. That's all.

Hi Gary,

No racism here. Sarah Palin is a yutz. I respect, honor and support the office of president. I will also support the man's "good" policies and programs but by the same token, I will also argue against his "bad" policies or programs. But as you said, that's a political discussion and probably shouldn't happen here.

At the risk of discussing politics...

I don't think Bush was that great. I think the extreme ends of both major parties have done us incalculable harm over the past few decades. I think it's time for middle America to wake up, take an interest, and insist on true bipartisanship. Dave Barry says...

The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club.

I suspect he's right.

Archived