IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Licensed Pro not working

MikeSr

I just recently re-installed ASC Pro. Apparently my license has expired? When I scan for problems, it does just that, However when I click on Repair, It wants me to renew my license. Is this mandatory, I don't need any updates right now, just want to use the software.

I tried the Continue option, but it does nothing. The repair still does not happen.

Some tips

Welcome to the forum MikeSr :smile:

If you re-installed Advanced System Care on a different (new ?) computer the license will not work, it is one license for one computer unless you paid for more.

If you still have a long time left on your license you could contact IObit and explain the situation, they may be able to help.

To check your license go to the Home screen of Advanced System Care.

• Click on Overview

To the right of User Account: you will see your status (Professional or Free)

• Click on your status

You will then get the license Manager screen

• Click on Refresh to the right of license Status (you must have internet connection)

Edit:

After reading the next post by Meethos I checked the following procedure again and Meethos is right, deleting the licence.dat file does create a message that Advanced System Care needs te be re-installed.

This must have changed in one of the version updates because in the past I often simply deleted the licence.dat file to see the difference between Free and Pro when answering a question, then I would replace the licence.dat file and return to the Pro version.

Sorry for the confusion :oops:

Original post by wozofoz, does not work now

If your license has expired and you just want to use Advanced System Care Free version then:

• Open Windows Explorer

• (C:)

• Program Files

• IObit

• Advanced System Care 3

• Find the DAT File called License and move it somewhere safe

• Launch Advanced System Care and check it works ok.

If all is good you can then delete the License file

All the best, woz of oz

I ran into the same issue when my pro license expired, it seems once it expires EVERY feature of ASC with the exception of scanning stops working. I suppose its in the EULA, but I was under the impression the renewal of the license would be for newer versions and tech support.

If you purchase the program from the IObit website homepage, the only indication that its for a 1 year license is if you click 'read more' and look at the overview page. If you simply purchase it from the homepage it never mentions the one-year license.

The continue button on the 'renew now' pop-up is a bit misleading, instead of continuing and repairing the issue it simply closes the renewal screen. Also it indicates that by renewing you will get "extra benefits" implying that the standard features should work, when in fact they don't. So I'm left with a useless program that doesn't work, at the very least the program could at least convert back to the free version.

I found deleting the license.dat file simply breaks the program. Uninstalling doesn't remove the license either. So to get the free version to work you have to unistall the program and then delete the remaining left over files, before installing the free version.

Sorry about the rant, while I love the program and intend to renew my license in the future, atm I simply can't afford to renew the license and am a little frustrated it stopped working all together.

Sorry for the confusion

Welcome to the forum Meethos :smile:

Sorry that you are having these problems Meethos and unfortunately I don't have any answers to your questions.

I certainly agree that when the licence has expired ASC Pro should simply revert back to ASC Free.

I found deleting the license.dat file simply breaks the program. Uninstalling doesn't remove the license either. So to get the free version to work you have to unistall the program and then delete the remaining left over files, before installing the free version.

Also, I want to apologise for any confusion I created with my previous post, you are right, deleting the licence.dat file no longer works :oops:

Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I have edited my previous post.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived