IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC - GUI interface will not display through UltraVNC

I have noticed this on all versions of ASC which I've tried:

After installing ASC remotely through the UltraVNC remote viewer, the user interface dissapears and can never be seen. All you see is a little white dot near the mouse pointer when the mouse cursor passes over the spot where the GUI window 'should be'.

The ASC window shows up under RDP but I would rather not have to configure RDP on every single computer I remote into.

This may in fact be the VNC Windows video hook-driver that is causing the issue.

Oh, and dont ask me to update VNC to the latest version because this will not work for me. I cant do that for 'my situation. Im stuck with version 1.02.

Is there a registry fix for this or ASC settings option that i can change???

Hi I_h8_fakeantivirus2010,

Have you tried any other Remote Control software with ASC such as Team Viewer?

It works without problem there.

But, of course IObit should look to the incompatibility issue. Specifically to remote desktop protocol relevance with video hook driver.

Cheers.

I_h8_fakeantivirus2010, although I am not sure if they will change the attitude of the problem, I have two suggestions for you to try until IObit looks to that glitch.

1. A complete clean uninstall of ASC using BitRemover 1.3 after uninstall of any version of ASC 3, and then installation of a fresh copy of ASC 3.5 setup file released after 11th of Feb. downloadable from ASC 3 version 3.5.0 is released [updated Feb. 11, 2010] thread.

2. Try the the skin program from Designing New Skins for ASC (Part 2) thread.

Only I can hope any of the two may help!!!

Cheers.

Archived