IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartRAM cleaning.

blacksea

I did "deep clean" and it released 24 MB of memory. I thought this was very not much. So I did a "smart clean" after and it released 94 MB of memory. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? I would expect that a "deep clean" should release more MB than a "smart clean" also by the fact it is lasting a bit more.

Hi blacksea,

Theorytically you are right, but in practice what you experienced is normal. As soon as the deep cleaning is finished, RAM could have been released, so the smart RAM just after may release more memory than the previous deep clean.

Repeted trials in different times will reveal the diffrrence between deep and smart clean.

Cheers.

you do not want to release memory unless it is causing a slow down by a program hogging or leaking memory, it is best to have free minimum memory. XP onwards will manage memory very well.

if you have max memory freed up it will be slower running the computer as you will have to wait while windows reloads stuff back into the memory.

Hi sunny,

actually, every time when I do a "deep clean", shortly after almost everything freezes up. With the "smart clean" I don't have any problems. So I have to always wait about 10 sec after doing the deep clean, before I want to do something or else it hangs.

you do not want to release memory unless it is causing a slow down by a program hogging or leaking memory, it is best to have free minimum memory. XP onwards will manage memory very well.

if you have max memory freed up it will be slower running the computer as you will have to wait while windows reloads stuff back into the memory.

Archived