IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

unable to reply

sunny staines

tried to reply to garybears question gmer but got the following error

"sunny staines, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation"

yesterday on another post was getting the white message reply box missing, is there a web fault?

Hi SS ;-)

Nah, it's normal, for the malware removal section. They've made it so that only the topic starter, malware fighters, mods and admins can post there :

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6260

We hope that all members will understand that this will be a closed forum where only the topic starter and members with the Malware Fighter title can post. This will allow for more specialized help and will ensure that there is less confusion. Multiple people posting to a complicated fix can add a lot of unnecessary confusion.

===

We have a user with problems viewing tool buttons because of screen resolution in Safe Mode (in the malware removal forums). Here's a quick fix for that :

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/22/how-to-change-screen-resolution-and-display-colors-quality-in-safe-mode-of-windows/

The important part :

Go to Display Properties (Windows XP) or Display Settings (Windows Vista) by right click on empty blank space on Desktop, then select Properties (Windows XP) or Personalize (Windows Vista).

Then change the resolution by sliding the Low to High slider bar. Do not press “OK” or “Apply” at this time. Instead, click on Advanced Settings, and then click OK. Windows in Safe Mode will change the screen resolution according to new settings, and prompt a “Monitor Settings” dialog box prompting that desktop has been reconfigured, with countdown timer. Click on Yes to keep the new settings.

Works like a charm ;-)

===

Cool stuff enoskype ; thanks 8-)

I did forget to mention something. The reason why I posted those instructions : by upping the screen resolution in Safe Mode to the same value we use in Normal Mode, we can then view tool windows as we would in Normal Mode, so all buttons are visible. I've tested a lot of tools in Safe Mode, so it's been a problem for me as well. Screen resolution in Safe Mode is set to 800 x 600, which is default, and trying to change it doesn't work if you click the "OK" or "Apply" buttons, as described in that link. It's kinda silly, really, because we shouldn't have to use tricks to change the resolution. But we have to ;-)

Most tools I work with now have been adapted to work with any resolution. That's neat :-P

===

Archived