IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASFWhide

I too have ASFWhide in my computer; it was found by Prevx. In January, I picked up what I think is a hijacker, which reroutes my google results link to random search engines for the same search. Backing up either takes me back to the google results page, or to the link I clicked on that page. The damnable thing is that I cannot use ANY restore point! This stuff is not harming me by deleting files, but it sure is eating bags of my time, which is hurting me. This malware comes from 71229.123bounce.com, which is no longer at the office address listed by Whois, but I imagine the owner, having been paid by every search engine in existence, is now basking in the sun.

Prior to my use of Prevx, Kaspersky found rootkit.win32.TDSS.c which I have not attempted to remove, as yet. This whole thing has been such a stressful waste of time that I'm going to buy a used Mac on Sunday.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Update

Sorry to be so long in replying, have been knocked back with a throat infection. I've run & re-run TFC, which enabled me to run in safe mode, and I then ran IOBit Security 360, which found nothing to report. Now, however, I have had my router fail, from either old age or malware. Will obtain a new router, and start over again, and get back to you within a few days. I'd like to suggest that it would be most helpful if all the various security programs be designed such that all buttons are within reach when operated in "safe" mode, as the windows will not shrink to fit the screen size.

Thank you.

Archived