IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't uninstall

I looked in my Add/Remove programs list and I have 2 Smart Defrag entry's. One for ver 3.1 and one for 2.01. I tried uninstalling 2.01 and get an error message saying that it "is in a format not recognized by the uninstaller".

I get the same message when I try to uninstall 3.1 and also trying to install with the unis000.exe program in the program folder.

Another problem I seem to have is it appears to have disabled my Windows defrag program. When I select that nothing happens.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Floyd

Hi floyd,

Have you tried AWC's "AwcTool" to uinstall or remove the entries of ISD?

Do not forget to read ATTENSION!!!_ISD_USERS since you are going to uninstall Beta 3.1.

You can use "Dial-a-fix" version 0.60.0.24 to reinstall your original Defragmenter.

Please read this post and also #13 of Clayton's in the same thread for this powerful tool.

Click the button with "Hammer figure" on it, and doubleclick "Reinstal Defrag".

This tool will reinstall Windows XP's defragmenter and register the DLLs necessary to make it the default.

NOTE: This will invalidate certain third-party defragmenters (such as Diskeeper,etc.), so you may have to reinstall them after this procedure completes.

This will perform the following:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\inf\dfrg.inf

Dial-a-fix then registers the following DLLs:

dfrgsnap.dll, dfrgui.dll

I hope these solve your problems.

Cheers.

Archived