IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

XP Smart Security 2010.....

wazzifam

A very Nasty Virus that wasn't caught by McAffe or IOBIT Pro?!?!? BEWARE of it...it hijacks your firewall, antivirus, Task Manager, Restore, And of course all internet connections!!! I'm 100% convinced that some of these companies that have the Fix before Norton or McAfee are making and spreading the Virus!!! McAfee wants to charge me ANOTHERT one time fee to get rid of it!!! I can tell you this much...I will getting RID of McAfee once and for all!!! I pay them yearly and for their service and NOW they want more money to get rid of this Virus that their AntiVirus software should have caught in the first place!!! I had to completley restore my PC 2 times this week because of this Virus!!! Hope this INFO can hlep someone else out before it's too late!!! Feel Free to Email me for more INFO or questions!!!8-)

Welcome to the forums, wazzifam :-)

I can't help but smile a little when I read your message. Here are a few facts :

Rogue programs such as the one you've described are all over the Internet at the moment, and they change quickly to adapt to various detection methods. These programs are let loose by organized crime with the intent of collecting money from affected users.

Now... I'm not a huge McAfee fan myself, but they do offer a fairly decent product. Antivirus programs can't catch everything, especially the newest threats that have yet to be collected and analysed by their research teams.

By the way, I'm been around infections for a while and have yet to see any evidence that they are distributed by anybody other than criminals (technically speaking).

You also need to realize this : infections such as these rogue programs don't just "drop from the sky" onto our computers. Nope. Somebody downloaded something illegal, suspicious, went to a risky website or just opened an attachment they shouldn't have opened. Can't really blame McAfee for that now, can we ? Just my opinion : some of us need to be accountable for what we do ;-)

You didn't really need to format your machine because of that rogue : they can be cleaned out.

===

XP Smart Security 2010 is a rogue program from the same family as XP Internet Security 2010. This fake program is promoted through the use of malware as well as fake online anti-malware scanners. Usually, rogue program enter users' computers without their permissions. Most of the time, such programs come from fake online scanners that state that your computer is infected and that you should download and install XP Smart Security 2010 to protect your computer...

Archived