IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

trojan.trace? [Solved]

Liberto

Greetings,

I need some advice on a recent threat that was detected by my IObit 360 scanner: "trojan.trace". I searched the site for info and found that only just over 500 have been detected worldwide (?), and that it is the "source of the virus" behind the infection -- the actual creator of the malware, i.e a human hacker. The virus has been successfully removed, but if my system has been hacked, how am I to be certain that the person no longer has any access to my PC?

The following is the scan result:

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1407

Time Elapsed:01:09:15

Objects Scanned:73931

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Trace - Quarantined, File, C:\Program Files\Online Services\PeoplePC\ISP5900\Utilities\AtlBrowser.exe, 8-275

Although I am not quite knowledgeable with the PC, I am suspicious as to why the virus is in online services.peoplePC/ISP5900/utilities/atlbrowser.exe.

Any help shall greatly be appreciated. I'm highly concerned about this threat atm.

Thanks,

Liberto

Welcome to the IObit forums.

Quoted from quietman7 at BleepingComputer.

PeoplePC ISP software is often preinstalled on many computers along with AOL, Earthlink, and MSN Explorer.

AtlBrowser.exe is flagged by other anti-spyware applications such as ewido and shows up in its log as follows:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\AtlBrowser.EXE -> Spyware.eZula : Cleaned with backup

Symantec considers it as part of Adware.Ezula.

I have not heard much postive news about PeoplePC and if your not using it as your ISP, then you can remove it per the instructions from Symantec.

If you don't have success with Symantec's removal let us know and we will try to assist you further.

If you think your computer is infected please read through this topic and post the logs and we will go from there. Please post the logs in the Spyware-Malware Removal Help! forum.

Exactly.

Was looking it up myself, but evilfantasy beat me to the post :mrgreen:

Just as a complement : that "thing" has been around for years, and most anti-spyware / anti-malware / antivirus programs pick it up.

Don't worry about the "trojan.trace" flag ; some call it Ezula, SaveNow, Dialer, etc... It's nothing to be worried about, just an adware dialer, bundled with ISP software. You haven't been hacked, whacked or anything like that ;-)

===

Thanks, that certainly relieves a bit of anxiety. :wink:

Sorry about posting in the wrong area, I'll make sure to use the forum specified next time. I suppose this topic can be deleted or moved.

Thanks again,

Liberto

Just as a complement : that "thing" has been around for years, and most anti-spyware / anti-malware / antivirus programs pick it up.

Don't worry about the "trojan.trace" flag ; some call it Ezula, SaveNow, Dialer, etc... It's nothing to be worried about, just an adware dialer, bundled with ISP software. You haven't been hacked, whacked or anything like that ;-)

===

Very well said. :)

Sorry about posting in the wrong area, I'll make sure to use the forum specified next time.

No worries. It's never a good feeling thinking your computer may have been compromised.

I suppose this topic can be deleted or moved.

We will leave it open but it will get marked as solved.

Archived