IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestion : 1 Click Operation

Thanks for this very useful little program. I think 1.4 is great. Can I suggest a couple of extra things?

Your webpage describes a key benefit of Gamebooster as "1 Click". However it seems operation of Gamebooster requires at least two clicks. After clicking 'Switch to Gaming Mode' I always then have to click on 'skip', even if there are no background programs to close. Gamebooster should not bring up the 'close background programs' window if there are none to close.

I also wish there was an option to (remember and) automatically close user-selected background programs when we click 'Switch to Gaming Mode'. Then Gamebooster could truly be 1 Click.

BTW the reason I describe two seemingly mutually exclusive scenarios is because I use Gamebooster with two different operating systems.

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work.

Hi Guys,

First of all, GB remembers the services and programs to be closed.

Secondly, there are always processes running that a user may want to close. (Not only unnecessary background processes.)(Show All Current Processes checkbox)

Thirdly, one may want to defrag the game he wants to play which is available only when the GUI is opened.

IMHO, the way it is at the moment is more useful and functional.

Cheers.

..there are always processes running that a user may want to close. (Not only unnecessary background processes.)(Show All Current Processes checkbox)

The point is that some users, such as myself, find they want to always close the same background programs. You may not, but the option to close automatically for those that want the same things closed would be great. It's only saving a click, but still it would be a really nice option.

Thirdly, one may want to defrag the game he wants to play which is available only when the GUI is opened.

IMHO, the way it is at the moment is more useful and functional.

I wasn't suggesting one click to start Gamebooster, then it running and minimizing itself automatically all in one click (ie never seeing the GUI), although there are probably people who'd like this option as well. I was suggesting the developers add the option to automatically close selected background programs. The way it is now is very functional, but it is just not '1 Click' is it? Since 1 Click is promoted as being a feature, perhaps the devs will be interested in adding the option.

OK, Booming Moon,

I got your point, but I wanted to remind the wish in How to add applications/services in the list thread.

An extra button of 1-click will not hurt.:lol:

Cheers.

I disagree. A second click is useless when not needed. I NEVER see a change in the second list. Why do I need a second click. In fact it's 3. One click to start, one click to check the check box to expand the list, then a third click to run it.

Hi masterblaster,

Will you please elaborate it a bit? I am confused about what you disagree and what would you like it to be!!!

Cheers.

Sure, You state "An extra button of 1-click will not hurt". I agree so long as it accomplishes something.

Currently:

I click button to "Switch to Gaming Mode".

I check "Show all Current Processes" (not sure why that can't stay checked).

I then click "Close them" to launch.

That's 3 clicks. If Game Booster would remember what I ALWAYS leave checked, all I should have to click is "Switch to gaming Mode". 1 click not 3.

Archived