IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

HELP! Update problem and an unrelated question

chocaholic

I have Visat Home Premium, using Windows Defender and Avast anti virus free edition.

I have been using AWC Personal for about a month and just finished doing an update. Now AWC will not open! :sad: Any ideas what happened? Should I do a restore or uninstall AWC and start from scratch?

The unrelated question is, I had checked AWC to run at startup for spyware but it doesn't show up in the system tray and it doesn't show it is running in Task Manager. Is it running or not?:???:

Choc8-)

chocaholic,

Do you have

"C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2\Awcl.exe" /startup ________Trustworthy---Normally leave to run at Startup

or

"C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro\Awc.exe" /startup ________Trustworthy---Normally leave to run at Startup

in your Startup Managers in AWC Personal or AWC Pro respectively?

Try to uncheck apply and then check apply "Load Automatically on Windows Startup.(Recommended)

If you don't have them, then another program may be blocking them to be added to the Startup items.

Is your UAC off?

You have to have Administrator rights to use AWC in Vista.

AWC is not listed in the startup programs. I have tried checking, unchecking, and rechecking the "Load Automatically on Windows Startup", but it does not show in startup programs.

The UAC pops up when I open AWC but UAC does not pop up with any changes I make inside AWC. I have no other user accounts on my pc as I am the only user, thus I have Administrator rights to all programs and changes. I even tried right clicking the AWC program icon and clicked the "Run as Administrator" to see if that made a difference. It didn't.

Hope we can figure this out.

Choc

chocaholic,

Try this:

1)-Go to user accounts and turn off "UAC" and restart.

2)-Go to "Programs" from "start" and run "Windows Defender".

3)-In Defender, click "Tools"=>click "Options"=>under "Real-time protection options"=>choose "Always" under "Choose when the Windows Defender icon appears in the notification area:"=>click "Save" button=>close window.

4)-Go to system tray=>right click on Windows Defender icon=>click "Exit"=>click "Yes" in the opening window.

4)-Try to uninstall, clean, and reinstall AWC as Administrator and run as Administrator.

5)- Make changes to start AWC when Windows start.

6)-Restart and check if it is in the Startup items.

7)-You can turn on "UAC" and uncheck "Always" in Defender.

I hope this works.

PS.

Other than Avast, what other protection programs are you using?

Archived