IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fast Optimize & Deep Optimize Issue: After Completion, Red Tiles Appear

Two days ago, I noticed that after completing a fast or deep optimization (the later being my usual form of defragmentation), red tiles suddenly appear. This happens every single time now, immediately after it finishes and simultaneously with the appearance of the report. The strangest thing is that the drive is in fact defragmented (at least according to the report and subsequent analysis) and the red tiles are invariably in the same locations on each and every fast or deep optimize! It does not happen on simple defragmentation, however. I uninstalled and re-installed twice. On both uninstall instances, I deleted the IObit folder and even the hidden CFG, and used CCleaner to clean and "fix" the registry. No result -- the program is still doing this extremely annoying thing. This problem makes me feel much less confident about the real status of my drive, in view that I can no longer rely on the tiles or what the program is really doing. This sucks because I've been using this program (and Game Booster) for about eight months now, with no issues whatsoever. Is there a file belonging to this program somewhere in the OS itself (Vista Home Premium 32-bit), like a dll or something? Can someone please help out with how to solve this problem? Thanx.

Thank you for replying. Here are the screenshots. Be aware that the 19.5 KB limit for jpeg attachments means that these screenshots are extremely small and almost useless.

Notice that I start with an analysis and it shows a couple of red tiles toward the left (pic 1). The report says that there are two files that need defraging (pic 2). I start the defrag, which quickly gets rid of the red tiles (pic 3). Upon completion, the report appears and it indicates that the two files have been defragmented (pic 4). However, upon looking at the tiles, three red tiles appear on the right (pic 5).

These red tiles *always* appear in the same three spots, regardless of how fragmented the drive was upon start of defrag, regardless of the fact that no red tiles appear after a few seconds during the defraging/optimizing process and regardless of the report indicating that all files have been defragmented.

Yesterday, I decided to use the MS defragmenter to see if it would solve the problem. It partially did because prior to that, IObit defragmenter was displaying dozens of red tiles after the defraging/optimizing process (invariably in the same location/pattern), even though the report always said that everything was defragmented. Now it only displays three, which is an improvement, but still...

This only happens with fast and deep defrag options, and it started two days ago completely out of the blue. Re-installs (as described on my first post) solves nothing. What gives?

PS: Please don't forget about the question I posed earlier: Does the IObit defrager install anything outside its own folder and the hidden folder (i.e. something in the system or elsewhere)?

PPS: I can't post my options because the screenies need to be far too small to be readable. Suffice it to say that Auto Defrag is off, I never use the scheduler, and the options are all turned off in "General" and the first three are turned on in "Defragment" (i.e. a perfectly normal settup).

The "Manage Attachments" wizard specifically called for no more than 19.5 KB per jpeg image. Perhaps that should be updated to the number you just provided. I can't be bothered with creating these screens again only to show you what you can already read and see. The post above alone should have been more than clear. I'll seek help elsewhere.

Thank you for replying. Here are the screenshots. Be aware that the 19.5 KB limit for jpeg attachments means that these screenshots are extremely small and almost useless.

PPS: I can't post my options because the screenies need to be far too small to be readable

Hi arcueil,

Please attach again in the same post.

The limit for each jpg is 1000KB not 19.5KB.

Cheers.

The "Manage Attachments" wizard specifically called for no more than 19.5 KB per jpeg image. Perhaps that should be updated to the number you just provided. I can't be bothered with creating these screens again only to show you what you can already read and see. The post above alone should have been more than clear. I'll seek help elsewhere.

A nice approach when seeking help!!!

It is up to you arcueil,

I can't see and read them. They could be fragmented system files.

I was only attempting to help.

Your images have jpg extention, and jpg extention limit per image is 1000KB.

It is already there in Manage Attachments wizard, and just below jpeg extention, but you can't be bothered, I forgot.

Have a great day.

Archived