IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comparison with System Mechanic

Eskay

I find that this program has a lot in common with System Mechanic. Does this create a conflict if both programs run on the same machine? Some optimization done by Advanced Window Cleaner is reversed by System Mechanic. Why does this happen if both programs set out to optimiae the computer?

• 2 weeks later...

Not both programs optimize the same settings and they both set the variables and the definitions for an "optimization" based on what the developers believe is best. System Mechanic is a good program but you may find that many of the optimizations in AWC, such as the tweaks for increased internet speed, may be superior for our program.

This of course will vary for different computers and you may want to use both programs and pick only one's defined optimization for whatever they are conflicting with :)

• 4 weeks later...

curious about another optimizer

Hey Clayton,

Thanks for all of your input on this forum - you seem to be VERY knowledgeable.

I agree with what you say about SysMech, after having been a loyal user of several years.

Have you come across an optimizer called PC Pitstop Optimizer? What is your take on that program if you have?

BTW, I'm taking your earlier suggestion from another post and running the Live OneCare scan right now. My eyes crossed when I saw this disclaimer on the screen and I thought you might get a chuckle!

Please note that, depending on the type of scan you selected, theWindows Live OnCare safety scanner might take up to a few hours to complete.!!!

Wow!

Hey,

I've tried PC pitstop myself back a long time ago and nothing that site had to offer really impressed me. I even downloaded and installed their antispyware utility...the scan couldn't remove the objects it found (false positives) and its optimizations were just basic known windows tweaks. I can't really say much for them... if you want to check out what other users think about programs like this, you should read the user reviews on download.com. It's a good idea to read the editor's review also because a good user rating may only depend on a few users. Not to mention if the software isn't on download.com, it's not likely very user friendly. :)

• 10 months later...

System Mechanic 7

I have used System Mechanic for years, and only recently did I purchase System Mechanic 7 and 'upgrade'. That was a bad move. I should have downloaded the trial version first, but when I have had faith in the company for so long, I didn't think it was necessary.

Anyway, there are a lot of PO'd folks on The Internet telling their problems with the 'new' System Mechanic. I removed the program from my computer and found the IObit programs. Right off the bat, I'm defragging my drives, which SM was 'supposed' to have been doing all along. It's taking quite a while, but things are running smoothly.

When the defrag is finished, I'm going to install Advanced WindowsCare Personal. This appears to be a fine program and I can't find a bad word about it anywhere. I will keep monitoring this forum as I go along, but suffice to say that I was sweating buckets until I got rid of System Mechanic 7! You would not believe the seemingly unrelated problems that cropped up this week, and I am certainly not the only one.

Thanks for the time

I have tried "winaso"as well as AWC2 the optimse settings for each program undo each other. I have found the settings by AWC2 run faster.

I aLso have "Regisrty mechanic 6" [FREE VER] not sure if this is the same as system mechanic but it does do a deeper registry scan than AWC2.

To get a good all round opimise I the following for a complete package.

windows CHKDSK

AWC2

CCleaner

either RM6 or Eusing free reg checker

Auslogics reg defrag

Iobit smart defrag

then clone back up with norton ghost.

I am hoping that AWC3 will have a reg defrag option and a deep reg scanner to replace some of the programs I use now.

Archived