IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hijack report

Hi all.....I am new here, so please forgive my ignorance.

I keep seeing the ctfmon.exe (and its relatives) pop up on the Hijack report. So I googled ctfmon.exe and pretty much decided it would be okay to click them as "fixes" on the Security Analyzer 'Suggestions' thingy. I knew I had a 'system checkpoint' if it had negative outcome, which it did not. However, it reconfigures itself and appears w/ the next scan.

Svhost, I haven't researched, but it appears to multiply w/ each scan....and iobit and advanced system care entries seem to show up on my Hijack analysis report more than anything else. And in reviewing others' published reports, mine is much smaller....I have deleted things that I wasn't sure I would get by with or not.

After I did a total reformat in January, I no longer have the "System Standby" power option without downloading an ATI Control Panel, which takes gobs of memory, so I uninstalled it, and very often just leave the computer on full power, but just turn the monitor off (desktop and not wireless). When I return, my computer misbehaves, will not open anything, and I sometimes get a "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" on everything I try to open. I get no response at all on Task Manager. It's like it times itself out, then goes into a neutral state, I don't know!! this is very new! LIKE WITHIN THE PAST WEEK. When I restart, it is fine. Is my connection being hijacked?? I have performed "System Restore" back to Service Pack 3 Update from MS.......no change.

Any thoughts???? I'm attaching my Hijack Analysis Report for your evaluation...thank you for your time and assistance......Cristie

(PS.....I just tuned-into the words "RUNNING PROCESSES" subtitle on the Hijack Report and hadn't even seen that before now. And yes, I prefer the IE ver 7 to the 8. I also use ANSWERS "One-Click", which allows you to click the mouse wheel on a word to check the definition and/or the spelling....it's an awesome tool!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Security Analyzer

Scan saved at 5:58:10 PM, on 5/21/2010

Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.1)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.0 (7.0.5730.13)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\1-Click Answers\answers.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\1-CLIC~1\agtserv.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\AWC.exe

O2 - BHO: IObitCom Toolbar - {31c7d459-9cc3-44f2-9dca-fc11795309b4} - C:\Program Files\IObitCom\tbIObi.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iObit Security 360] "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe" /autostart

O23 - Service: IS360service - IObit - C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

Archived