IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

An Idea....

vman

Usually, when people load up an antimalware scanner, they dont have time to update it, and usually (not always) have lost their internet connection cut off due to the malware. This leads to a flaw in iobit 360. The data base is outdated upon download...or at least, the ones i've downloaded.

In other words, the online download should be the updated version of iobit, so users can download, and launch a scan right away. No updated needed.

You are right guys, but I would download IObit Security 360 Offline Database at the same time downloading the setup file.

It is updated every week as soon as it is available, and the link and the date are given in the sticky thread :

IObit Security 360 Offline Database (June 30, 2010)

At least, the oldest database is a week old.

By the way it is similar for all the other anti-malware software. (The setup files only includes the released db about 1-2 days old on the date of Setup release.)

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

A PC without an Internet connection can not download the main IS360 program setup file too.:mrgreen: (I wonder how many setup file CDs are sold.)

Or, if using a setup file from a friend on a USB stick, then asking the friend to download the latest offline db file will be a good practice.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Anyway, there is less possibility of infection then.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Cheers.

Archived