IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Turbo Boost stops autoplay on CD/DVD

wegmand

System: Windows XP SP3

I've been using Advanced SystemCare PRO Ver 3.6.1 and have found that whenever I invoke "Turbo Boost", my DVD/CD burner no longer autoplays a disk even though autoplay indicates that it's still enabled for the drive.

When configuring Turbo Boost, I select all 7 of the options under the "Disable Unnecessary Functions" list.

Turning off Turbo Boost doesn't fix this but if I restart Windows the autoplay functions normally. This behavior is easily repeated on my system and I'd like to know if this is an expected behavior, or is there a way to use Turbo Boost and not lose CD autoplay function?

designed it for that

System: Windows XP SP3

I've been using Advanced SystemCare PRO Ver 3.6.1 and have found that whenever I invoke "Turbo Boost", my DVD/CD burner no longer autoplays a disk even though autoplay indicates that it's still enabled for the drive.

When configuring Turbo Boost, I select all 7 of the options under the "Disable Unnecessary Functions" list.

Turning off Turbo Boost doesn't fix this but if I restart Windows the autoplay functions normally. This behavior is easily repeated on my system and I'd like to know if this is an expected behavior, or is there a way to use Turbo Boost and not lose CD autoplay function?

Hello wegmand,

Our developers have designed it for that to disable CD/DVD devices. Please follow the below solution to resolve your problem:

1. find file "services.ini" in the installation directory of ASC 3

2. open the file, then find the line "ShellHWDetection=" in the section [servicesXP], remove the line, and then save the report.

We appreciate your support of IObit.

Thanks! That solved the problem.

I'd like to suggest a "Disable CD/DVD devices" toggle as an eighth option under the "Disable Unnecessary Functions" list for a future update. As currently designed, I didn't expect the lack of CD/DVD functionality upon invoking Turbo Boost.

Archived