IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ThreatFire detects IS360 as a 'HIGH' level threat. [SOLVED]

blacksea

ThreatFire from PC Tools detects IS360 as a HIGH classiefied potential threat..

Note: Sensitivity level was set on 5/highest. But even that, shouldn't the program just notify it as safe if it is from a trusted company?

Hi blacksea,

That is normal, as IS360 is doing exactly what TreatFire is explaining. Perhaps, it will give the same result with ASC when it is running vital functions.

That program is flagging the fuction as a potential treat regardless of the program name or origin.

When the sensitivity is at maximum in any security software with adjustment of sensitivity, then there will be a lot of false positives as this one.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

hmm, so even if it is a program from microsoft it self, no mather if it is trusted. It will always bee shown as a potential threat. Well I have reverted the sensitivity level to 3. It's not very usefull to have it on 5 for me I think.

Cheers

Blacksea

• 2 weeks later...

False-Positive

Hello again

I've used various Antivirus, antivirus all has a module called heuristics.

The heuristic aims to view the files and conduct of same, and it checks whether that conduct or code is similar to a virus (The IObit also has Heuristics)

But not all heuristics correctly detect the virus, sometimes, they identify files as if they were harmless virus

Ai is called the False-Positive

TIPS:

1 - Lower the heuristic at a level medion (it's dangerous to detect other important system files as viruses, oh if he delete the system may become unstable).

See also what happened with McAfee.

2 - Always move all the virus to quarantine.

3 - If ThreatFire detects a file you know does not contain viruses, report this to PCTools.

4 - Av detect a virus in the process, svchost.exe does not remove the instability will not occur in the system there you'll have to format the PC.

Thanks!

Mine's 2

Hi sunny,

Your right, it slowed also my surfing a bit. So I have deleted it already. But the site convinced me to download it. But deleted afterwards.

Cheers

are you sure you are happy with threatfire, i tried it a while back and it slowed my surfing a bit.

Archived