IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help!!!

pizzzazzy

Hi, Hope someone can help me. Not too computer literate. My recycle bin is full of stuff I did not delete!! A lot of temp files and a whole bunch of stuff that sounds like it is part of my computer. I ran asc disk doctor a few days ago and this morning my husband was surfing "dangerous" areas. When I run asc disk doctor does it send stuff to the recycle bin or did he open up a can of worms . Very scary for someone who doesn't know precisely what she is doing. Should I delete recycle bin or restore? Do I have a wicked little bug that's going to take over my computer. I only got this thing last Christmas, so I'm very new at this. All I know for a fact is that a sometime within the last week, I deleted the recycle bin and now it has a whole bunch of stuff in it that we did not knowingly put there. Help! I don't know where all this stuff came from or what to do with it. =:o Thanks.

Hi pizzzazzy,

Disk Doctor in ASC DOES NOT put anything in the Recycle Bin.

If you used Disk Cleaner utility of ASC, with your preference, it DOES put that kind of stuff in the Recycle Bin.

My Advice will be, keeping those stuff in Recycle Bin for a while and if you want to delete other things manually, delete them by pressing SHIFT key when deleting, so they will be deleted for good without beeing in Recycle Bin.

After a while if everything is OK with your PC, then you can empty the Recycle Bin.

In the mean time if you just go over the items in Recycle Bin and give the names and the original locations (folder names) of the ones you suspect, then users in the Forum could help which could be important and which could be deleted.

It is strongly advisable to read the whole thread of USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS, there are tons of valuable information there.

You can also use IObit Security 360, together with your Anti-Virus software to keep your PC clean of malware.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers.

Hi pizzzazzy,

Disk Doctor in ASC DOES NOT put anything in the Recycle Bin.

If you used Disk Cleaner utility of ASC, with your preference, it DOES put that kind of stuff in the Recycle Bin.

My Advice will be, keeping those stuff in Recycle Bin for a while and if you want to delete other things manually, delete them by pressing SHIFT key when deleting, so they will be deleted for good without beeing in Recycle Bin.

After a while if everything is OK with your PC, then you can empty the Recycle Bin.

In the mean time if you just go over the items in Recycle Bin and give the names and the original locations (folder names) of the ones you suspect, then users in the Forum could help which could be important and which could be deleted.

It is strongly advisable to read the whole thread of USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS, there are tons of valuable information there.

You can also use IObit Security 360, together with your Anti-Virus software to keep your PC clean of malware.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers.

Thanks for your quick reply. This has been driving me, trying to figure it out. I will take you advice and wait a while before I empty the bin. Everything seems to be functioning as it should be, it's just that so many people have warned by about viruses that I guess I'm a little paranoid. I did use the disk cleaner, so maybe that's what filled it up. I'm learning pretty fast, but I'm still very cautious. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing if you move too fast. Right now, all I have is a little knowledge. Thanks again for slowing me down. Have a brilliant and sparkling evening!

Thanks sunny staines, I should have reminded the option below:

You can uncheck the checkbox for Windows Recycle Bin (Total x files, xx bytes recoverable) in ASC, so running ASC will not empty Recycle Bin.

The option is in Details:Junk Files Clean window which appears when you click on the Junk Files Clean xxMB files are found link after Scan is finished.

Cheers.

Archived