IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

RaProducts' JavaRa 1.16 beta

fredvries

[08aug10] RaProducts' JavaRa has been updated to version 1.16 beta

Changes:

[added] Many new registry keys for JavaRa to remove

[added] New system of reading registry keys into the program

[added] New system of reading languages

[added] (beta!) x64 support

[fixed] (beta!) software crashes upon failure to access HOMEDRIVE environment variable

[fixed] (beta!) Broken jupdate method

More info and download here.

A question-

Thanks for the heads up fredvries.

I wonder if "Many new registry keys for JavaRa to remove" should be understood that, a cleaning with JavaRa 1.16 beta will reveal more registry entry residues from older Java clutter even if JavaRa 1.15 was used to clean before.

If the above is true, could it be that using ASC's deep registry cleaning had cleaned them in the mean time?

As I have used JavaRa 1.16 beta, but there was no new residue in the log file and it was as clean as after cleaning with v1.5.

Cheers.

@ enoskype: JavaRa's definitions were in dire need of updating. Now it cleans all remnants of the older and removed versions of JRE up to and including version 6.0.20.

It's entirely possible that ASC's deep registry cleaning has removed (most of) these already.

update to post # 2

My above post concerns Windows 7 Pro.

Using JavaRa 1.16 beta in XP Pro sp3, revealed the following:

Found and removed: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Web Start\1.6.0_07

So, even if ASC's deep registry clean was used before using JavaRa 1.16 beta, there can still be left registry residues from older Java software.

A Note:

@fredvries, "Remove JavaRa language preferences" seems not to work.

Cheers.

Archived