IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My brother needs desperate help!!

Hi its me Blacksea,

My brother has a big big virus I think. He isn't able to start any applications, and he is getting fake anti-virus redirected. He can't go on internet, if he goes to any site, he is getting the following displayed. ""

Also when he has just booted his laptop, he gets a popup*(see attachment 'virus') It says that is has been deleted 'verwijderd'. Note: If he closes that popup, after a minute his laptop says "There is a critical error occurred, save all your documents, windows will restart about a minute."

The virus is also blocking Mcafee. Only when he is disconnected with the internet, he is able to start it. My brother is able to do anything again if he stays disconnected.

What I have done right now, I have put superantispyware and mamb on a memorystick and now we are installing those programs. Unfortunally he isnt able to update the program. When I instaled SAS, the protection of the homepage were showing. "Do you want to protect your homepage?"*wwwDOTplusnetworkDOTcom* But this wasn't his homepage.. msnDotcom was his normal homepage.

I am now doing as what is standing in the guidelines. If it finished I will post it in the next post.

Correction, even if disconnected from internet, he isnt been able to start some apps. If he double clicks an application the next error appears: Application can not be executed the file ** is infected. Do you want to activate your anti virus software? Yes/no

Well I have bad news. I have scanned the laptop with IS360 and SAS. Sas detected a malware.trace and a trojan dropper. IS360 found also a trojan. Unfortunately my brother forgot to save the IS360 log. But SAS did saved a scanlog. But the problem is that the log wouldnt open. It opens and quickly after that a error occur. "Application can not be executed the file notepad.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your anti virus software now? Yes/no"

And Also DDS isnt working. Quickly after launcing it the same error occurs but the file name is conime.exe

A pretty nasty virus I think.. Please help

Blacksea

forgot the attachment.

Note: as soon as I connect to the internet, the "There is a critical error occurred, save all your documents, windows will restart about a minute." shows up again. So the error isnt occuring when closing the popup in the attachment. But I do get it every bootup.

Archived